Within 200 kilometers of Indore, there are numerous attractions to visit. Near Indore, away from the city’s rush. You’ll find an enticing mix of waterfalls, hill stations, wildlife sanctuaries, trekking sites, ancient cities, temple towns, and much more.
1.Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary:
One of the attractive places to visit in the Indore is the Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary. From seeing wild animals and birds of different species to hiking along beautiful jungle trails, there’s something for everyone. A wildlife safari that takes you to the sanctuary’s remotest areas.
- Approx. distance from Indore: 15 km
- Location: Mirjapur
- Timings: 9:00 am to 6:30 pm; all days of the week
- Entry fee: ₹ 60 per head
- Famous for: Wildlife, Nature, Bird watching, etc.
This lake in the Gulawat Valley is home to an abundance of lotuses. In the calm waters of the lake, you can even go boating. A few tropical birds can also be seen here. The presence of a thick bamboo plantation adds to the allure of the place.
- Approx. distance from Indore: 21 km
- Location: Gurda Khedi
The mesmerizing beauty of Tincha Falls, which looks like a stream of milk, is best seen during the rainy season. It’s also a nice place to go trekking if you’re looking for some adventure in Indore. From a height of 300 feet, this stunning waterfall cascades down.
- Approx. distance from Indore: 27 km
- Location: Berchha, Madhya Pradesh
- Famous for: Nature, Photography, Adventure, Trekking, etc.
- Timings: 9 am to 5 pm
It’s a beautiful waterfall. It is ideal for those who enjoy hiking or who want to enjoy a relaxing picnic. According to local legend, the hole at the base of this waterfall is so intense that it extends all the way to the underworld.
- Famous for: Nature, Environment, Trekking, Picnic, Adventure, etc.
- Timings: 9 am to 5 pm
- Distance from Indore: 40 Km
- Location: Patalpani Falls, Mhow Tehsil, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Janapav Hill, the Malwa Plateau’s second-highest point, is a verdant haven. You can hike up the hilltop and take in an amazing view of the surrounding area by following the beautiful paths.
- Approx. distance from Indore: 45 km
- Location: Janapav Kuti
- Famous for: Nature, Adventure, Trekking
- Timings: Sunrise to Sunset
Attending Bhasma-aarti, the temple’s most prominent ritual rite, is one of the most spectacular aspects of visiting the temple. The Shiva Linga here is said to have taken form of itself, which is a unique feature of this temple.
- Famous for: Hindu Temple, Place of worship, Sights & Landmarks, Sacred & Religious Sites.
- Approx. distance from Indore: 56 km
- Location: Jaisinghpura, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
- Timings: 3:00 am to 11:00 pm; all days of the week
Omkareshwar is a holy island formed like the Hindu symbol “Om.” It is also known for being located on the banks of the Narmada River, where visitors can enjoy boating while taking in a spectacular view of the area.
- Famous for: Religious place, Historical place, Nature etc.
- Approx. distance from Indore: 78 km
- Location: Mandhata
- Timings: 5:00 am to 10:00 pm; all days of the week
The tourist destination of Khandwa is a well-known place. Many Hindu and Jain temples can be found in the ancient city, each with its own religious significance and architectural splendor, attracting tourists. Suraj Kunda, Padma Kunda, Bhima Kunda, and Rameshwar Kunda are four historic kinds in Khandwa’s four directions.
- Famous for: Ancient Sites, Historical Landmarks, Sightseeing, etc.
- Approx. distance from Indore: 130 km
Ratlam is a great day trip from Indore. It’s also a fantastic shopping destination. The city’s many temples are a must-see for history buffs and devotees. Kharmour Wildlife Sanctuary, the Cactus Garden, and Dholawad Dam are all perfect places for nature lovers. Another significant attraction is the Hussain Tekri Sharif Dargah.
- Famous for: Nature, Wildlife, Temples, Historical landmarks, etc.
- Approx. distance from Indore: 140 km
- Location: Ratlam, Ujjain Division, Madhya Pradesh
Another destination is Bhopal, the state capital of Madhya Pradesh. Many architectural wonders can be found here, like the Gohar Mahal, Taj-ul-Masjid, and The Great Stupa. Bhopal has a variety of interesting historical sites, such as the Golghar Museum, the Birla Museum, the Bhimbetka Caves, and the Udayagiri Caves.
Approx. distance from Indore: 190 km